Friday, April 15, 2011

Smitten for Stripes

Always been a fan of stripes, but this Spring, Chevron stripes have zig-zagged straight into my heart! You can put them on anything and it's insta-cute. Whether it's clothing, accessories, furniture, dishes or even a wall, they are just so fun! 
I wish I had more places to wear dresses like this. Laura Sanchez wore this amazing chevron-stripe satin-backed crepe dress with all the frilly ruffles around the hemline by designer Vicky Martin Barrocal, to the Marie Claire Prix De La Moda Awards in 2010.

On a more casual level, I posted this dress in my previous blog, True Ruffle Love, and I am kind of obsessed. Perhaps it was my inspiration for this entire blog entry? Either way, fancy stripes make me happy! 

Blu Moon Summer Lovin' Ruffle Dress in Black and White Print




Missoni shoes may be pricey, but check out these super funky prints!

Zig Zap Flat Espadrilles


Peeptoe Slingbacks With Cork Heel

Crochet-knit Espadrille Sandals

Platform Pumps
Lauren Merkin Iris Chevron Flap Clutch

Marc by Marc Jacobs Zaza Chevron Bangle

Pewter Ferrara Bracelet 

Chevron Hoop Earrings


Summer at the Hamptons Dress in Mauve


MARC BY MARC JACOBS

Swim Zaza Chevron Reversible 


Diane Von Furstenberg Brygid Striped Dress

Diane Von Furstenberg
Cosette Striped Cover-Up Romper

Chelsea Flower Racer Cami in Ikat Chevron

This will be my next project!
Take a look at this how to from Apartment Therapy. And thanks to Design Sponge, here is everything you need to know to paint this great zig zag pattern on your wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment